I have written a black satirical novella of academic fiction, about the world of science research. It is called Murder by Theory. Please email me for details.
The Hellenworths’ Uncertainty Principle: inspired by brain surgery, this one is recently finished and sitting around waiting for me to assemble a staged reading. It is a full-length, absurd, relatively dark comedy. If you are interested in production, please email me.
The following plays were produced by Reality Aside Theatre, Inc., a 501c3 non-profit that I co-founded with my husband Wayne Yeager in 2007. With the exception of Vacuum, they were staged at the Times Square Arts Center in New York between 2007 and 2009. Vacuum premiered at the Wonderland Short Play Festival at Playwrights Horizons in New York in 2007.
- Twenty-four Minutes from Here to There (short)
- Bus Stop (short)
- Confession (short)
- Vacuum (one-act)
- Funeral! (full-length; interactive mystery)
- Fatal Fundamentals of Physics (full-length; interactive mystery; educational)
- sketch comedy: coming soon
- educational sketches: coming soon
Memoir of a craniotomy
I had a vestibular schwannoma resected in 2009. The experience – diagnosis through recovery – I thank for directing me toward the the career that I have today. I wrote a book about it: “You Are Here; a physicist’s memoir of her head reassembly in two acts.” Here is the prologue.
- A parody physics qualifying exam, which I wrote while studying for my own
- Ask Jenna: a COVID-19 survival advice column for academics
- Gretel’s Frisbee and a Stranger’s Juice – a true story